The University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program in Kashiwa (UTSIP), organized by the University of Tokyo in Japan, is accepting applications. The program is a 6-week summer internship program that allows participants to conduct hands-on research on a variety of topics in the exact sciences as well as the social sciences. The internship program will be held from June 6 to July 16, 2021 at the University of Tokyo and will accept undergraduate students. Students will be attached to research laboratories on a topic of their choice, and will have the opportunity to participate in lectures by well-known scientists and researchers, as well as other entertaining and interesting activities.
During the internship program, you can apply to research laboratories on the following topics:
Division of Transdisciplinary Sciences
• Advanced Materials Science
• Advanced Energy Complexity Science and Engineering Division of Biosciences
• Integrated Biosciences Computational Biology and Medical Sciences Division of Environmental Studies
• Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
• Environment Systems
• Human and Engineered Environment Studies
• Socio – cultural Environmental Studies
• International Studies
• Graduate Program in Sustainability Science. CD Limbu
Who is the grant for? For undergraduate students !!! Benefits of the grant: Participants will be provided with accommodation (compulsory) and 110,000 yen (US $ 1,062). No financial assistance will be allocated for other expenses, including airfare. Requirements:
• The candidate must be studying for a bachelor’s degree.
• Candidate must be fluent in English and have certificates such as IELTS, TOEFL.
Admission process: 1. First, select 3 laboratories that you would like to participate from the list of available laboratories. 2. Fill out the online application form here. The application must be submitted by February 1, 2021. Results will be announced March 1-4. Required documents:
• Motivational essay
• CV Grades
• Student ID
• IELTS / TOEFL certificate Passport copy
Click here if you have any questions: https://www.ilo.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp/summer_en/utsip%E3%80%80kashiwa-2016-for-undergraduate-students-from-the-university-of-tokyo-komaba-college-of-arts-and-sciences